Staging a shelf can be a bit tricky. Here are some effortless tips to keep in mind when putting your design skills to work!
1. Choose a good mix of décor pieces, artwork, or books, while keeping in mind that you want to take advantage of space, but not over-clutter it.
2. Remove personal effects, such as the family’s photos, if possible. This will help the buyer imagine their own décor there.
3. Make sure to play up contrast. It is nice to keep it neutral but adding a pop of greenery or a dark vase on a white shelf helps make a statement.
4. Keep in mind the “Z” pattern. Create a flow that gives the idea of a “ton of shelf space!” while using typical eye patterns to your advantage. Place the most impactful pieces in a visual resting spot when using multiple shelves.
5. If you are working in an owner-occupied home, rearrange books by color to help create a fun visual and give a sense of organization.